Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frankenstein foot, part 2

So, I just got my stitches out.
Maybe I'm a complete pussy, but once they took off the tape and I got a look at the long incision down the left side of my foot, I got mega-queasy. Then I got lightheaded and felt like I might faint, so they had me lay back, drink water, and take deep breathes. When it was time to start snipping the stitches, the doctor told me I would feel "a little tug." Well, I can assure you, it did not feel like a "little tug." It fucking hurt. One of the stitches in my second toe had wedged itself into my skin like a soldier hunkering down in the trenches who has pledged that he won't be taken alive. That one was the worst, and I actually cried out, "FUCK!!!!!!!"



The angle is a little odd, because I still had my head back in the weird podiatrist chair contraption. But, my guess is you can still tell where that little soldier was.

Again, my pedicure still looks good!

No comments: